Morning Flight, 8 September 2015

Today was slow.... or was it?  The numbers were low on this second day of light southwest winds. There's no promising weather system until at least Thursday or Friday night, it looks like. But, still, today rocked! For me, at least, I was alone up at the dike today and had a pretty paltry total of 65 warblers but of 12 species.  This is in contrast to two days ago when 134 warblers of just 7 species were counted.  I purposely neglect to mention yesterday which was just bad bad bad.  Very good views were to be had today even though the "Morning Flight" behavior quotient was fairly lax.  Oh, and I totally broke my camera lens when I slipped on my rear, walking down the dike path.  Be Careful on the path!  That is not good news, but at least now you won't have to suffer my bad photography on this blog. Instead, I'll try to pull in images from photogs much better than myself!

Species
number
Ruby-throated Hummingbird
1
Downy Woodpecker
2
Eastern Kingbird
30
Red-eyed Vireo
2
European Starling
42
Cedar Waxwing
86
Louisiana Waterthrush
1
Northern Waterthrush
5
Black-and-white Warbler
2
Tennessee Warbler
1
American Redstart
38
Cape May Warbler
3
Magnolia Warbler
1
Bay-breasted Warbler
1
Yellow Warbler
6
Chestnut-sided Warbler
1
Black-throated Blue Warbler
3
Prairie Warbler
1
warbler sp.
2
Bobolink
41
Baltimore Oriole 
1
House Finch
2
American Goldfinch
3

No comments:

Post a Comment