Morning Flight Sunday September 12, 2010

As I began the count this morning 15 minutes before sunrise, I pointed out the pretty rainbow hanging in the dark gray sky over the dunes at Higbee. Before I even turned around it began to rain, and it didn't stop for the next two hours. Interestingly, some birds still flew out in the rain, and I counted some hardy Northern Waterthrushes and a very close Prothonotary Warbler among the only morning flight birds. There must be a joke about rain and waterthrushes in there somewhere, but it just isn't falling for me right now.


Location: Cape Island--Higbees Beach SWA--Dike
Observation date: 9/12/10
Notes: rain. 65-70 F. very few birds.
Number of species: 4

Northern Parula 1
Palm Warbler 4
Prothonotary Warbler 1
Northern Waterthrush 8

This report was generated automatically by eBird v2(http://ebird.org)

No comments:

Post a Comment