Morning Flight Wednesday October 7 2009

There was a brief shining moment where it looked like it might be a good morning followed by disaster. I stood atop the Dike just as dawn broke and the sun reached though a gap in the clouds creating the illusion of a brilliant orange crack in a solid gray shroud. For that one moment the light was so bright that I had to turn my head away only to immediately pick up a female Peregrine winging lazily across the sky right in front of me. But the clouds closed ranks, the Peregrine flew away, the rain began, and I got shut out on migrating passerines. In fact if given the choice between counting this morning over again, after the sunrise moment, or battering my head against a brick wall, I would have to spent a few seconds considering the pro's and con's of each possibility before making my decision. Tomorrow should be a bit better.

No comments:

Post a Comment